30 Oct Bloody Halloween Hibiscus Ginger Rum Cocktail
Are you looking to infuse more horror into your Halloween festivities? Well, you shall seek no more!
You have just found the perfect drink to wow to your guests! This ginger-rum cocktail with hibiscus infused syrup served in syringes is sure to be a talking point at any Halloween party.
We’ve used our organic hibiscus flower tea for the syrup, as its tangy flavour pairs perfectly with the ginger-rum mixture. However, you’re welcome to try out the recipe with a different red fruit tea. Any fruit teas from our Fruit Cooler box would work really well too. You can also experiment with the sweetness, as that’s something very personal. I found 2 tbsp sugar to be perfect for the amount of syrup I was making, however if you want it to be sweeter, you can increase the amount of sugar you’re using.
The syringes really bring up the level of spookiness for this cocktail. I found a pack of 4 syringes on Amazon for £3.20 which I thought was quite reasonable.
Make sure to decorate the rims of your glasses BEFORE you pour in the cocktail. I know it sounds obvious, but in my head is sounds counterintuitive… so just thought to point it out.
Halloween Bloody Tea Cocktail
- Cocktail Shaker
Syrup for the Syringes
- 1.5 cup hot water
- 2 tbsp of TeaPro raspberry breeze fruit tea
- 2 tbsp sugar
- 1-2 drops red food colouring
- 1 tsp corn flour
- Ginger beer
- 1 Lime
- 2 Syringes
- 2 tbsp Sugar mixed with red food colouring
- 1 tbsp honey
Syrup for the Syringes
- Add 1.5 cup of hot water and 1 tbsp of hibiscus flower tea to a pot and bring it to boil
- stir in 2 tbsp of sugar
- mix 1 tsp cornflower with 1 tbsp cold water and stir it into the pot with boiling tea
- add 2 drops of red food colouring for extra intensity
- put in the fridge to cool down
- Mix red food colour with sugar
- Add honey to a mug
- Dip the rim of cocktail glasses into the mug with honey and then into the red sugar
- Fill the cooled down syrup into the syringes
- add lime into your cocktail shaker and crush
- add 2 oz rum
- Add ice cubes and shake
- distribute evenly between two glasses
- top up with ginger beer
- put the syringe filled with syrup on top
What are your favourite Halloween cocktails?
Let us know what your favourite Halloween cocktail is! Also, if you decide to try out our Halloween potion, please let us know what you think and give our recipe a rating!
More Halloween Recipes
Hosting a Halloween party this year? Here are some more spooky Halloween recipe ideas to really wow your guests!
PS: in case you’re looking for last minute herbal tea inspired Halloween costume idea, feel free check out this hilarious video.