09 Sep Blue Glaze Donuts
Do you go nuts for donuts? So do I. And as you know from my previous post, I’m crazy about this blue butterfly pea tea!! So of course my next logical thought was: what better step to take next than to experiment & combine the two!? As with the cheesecake, these blue glazed donuts are vegan and gluten & refined sugar free – so really there’s no need to hold back: go ahead and eat them all!
Blue glaze donuts!
Do you go nuts for donuts? So do I. And as you know from my previous post, I’m crazy about this blue butterfly pea tea! That's why it felt only natural to combine them to create special naturally blue-glazed donuts!
- 1 mashed banana
- 1 cup unsweetened apple sauce (I made my own by simmering chopped apples on a low heat until they broke down)
- 1 egg or 1 tbsp chia seeds mixed with water
- 50 g coconut oil (melted)
- 4 tbsp honey or agave nectar syrup
- 1 tbsp vanilla
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 150 g buckwheat flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 cup cashews (soaked 4 hours)
- 1 cup almond milk
- 40 butterfly pea tea flowers
- 1 tbsp agave nectar syrup
- 1 tbsp vanilla essence
To make the donuts:
- Mix all the dry ingredients together.
- Mix all the wet ingredients together.
- Add the wet to the dry and then transfer to the donut moulds.
- Bake at 160 degrees for 15 minutes.
To make the glaze:
- Blend the cashews in a food processor until smooth.
- In a saucepan, heat the almond milk and add the tea. Simmer on a low heat for 10 minutes.
- Add the blue almond milk to the blended cashews, add the agave nectar and vanilla essence and blend again until combined.
- Keep refrigerated until your donuts have cooked & cooled.
- Decorate the donuts with the glaze and extra flowers!
These donuts are vegan and gluten & refined sugar free – so really there’s no need to hold back: go ahead and eat them all!